This Sunday is Transfiguration Sunday. Rev. Eric Jackson will lead worship and speak on The Bliss of Ignorance. Our scripture for the week is Mark 9:2-9.
Burying the Alleluia!
It is a tradition at Plymouth for the children to Bury the Alleluia on the Sunday before Lent begins. This year everyone in the church will have a chance to Bury the Alleluia! Here’s how it works:
- Write the word Alleluia! on a piece of paper and decorate it however you want.
- Ask someone to take a picture of you with your Alleluia! (As long as you’re comfortable having your picture taken, make sure we can see your face)
- Email your picture to the Church Office as soon as possible, but no later than March 22 (by doing so, you give Plymouth Church permission to use it on Easter Sunday, April 4th during worship on Facebook Live).
- Join us for Worship this Sunday, February 14th when we will “bury” our Alleluias! together during the Story for All Ages OR “bury” your Alleluia! at another time that day if you can’t join in on worship.
- Keep your Alleluia! buried until Easter Sunday when we will “unbury” them together.